Segelov Taylor has extensive experience in acting for unions. Our principal, David Taylor, is an accredited specialist in employment and industrial law.
Segelov Taylor assists unions in relation to legal matters that affect unions and their officers, and actions by unions for their members.
We have expertise in assisting in the following areas:
Enterprise Agreements & Bargaining
- Drafting clauses, including provision of advice on matters pertaining, as well as strategic and other advice.
- Approval of new agreements;
- Termination of enterprise agreement proceedings;
- Industrial Action and protected action ballots.
Right of Entry
- Applications for right of entry permits;
- Exercise of right of entry permits;
- Proceedings in connection with the exercise of permits.
Fair Work Act proceedings
- Dispute proceedings in the Commission;
- Breach proceedings in Courts;
- Adverse action and unfair dismissal matters.
Union governance and elections
- Advice on compliance with Fair Work (RO) Act and ROC obligations;
- Internal staffing matters;
- Advice on conduct of union elections;
- Election Inquiries.
- Advice on union rules;
- Drafting rule change applications;
- Fair Work proceedings in connection with changes to eligibility rules..